A few key notes to keep in mind for troubleshooting:
- Ensure the birth certificate is valid. To determine if you have a birth certificate on your VA, attempt to retrieve the license from the CLI by issuing the following command:
If you are prompted for your BTO credentials, the birth certificate is missing.
- Ensure that you can successfully ping the following:
- License validation servers (validation.es.bluecoat.com)
- Blue Touch Online (bto.bluecoat.com)
- Attempt a tracepath to validation.es.bluecoat.com.
- Is there anything in the network that could be blocking this request?
- Is a proxy required for Management Center to make this request? If so, please add the correct proxy settings or ensure that the existing settings are correct.
- Enable verbose logging, let it run for about 5 minutes, and then get the logs. Use the logs to see if there are any issues on Management Center.
- Packet Capture is possible with Management Center 22.214.171.124 and later only. You have to be in enable mode and the syntax is:
- pcap info: Shows the status of the pcap
- pcap filter, clear, set-host, set-port, view. These options do exactly what they suggest.
- pcap start, pcap stop.
- To download the pcap you need to download the entire diagnostics from the CLI:
service upload-diagnostics: there are several options for uploading. Use the ? for the complete list.
- Using the packet capture, you should be able to see if there is anything blocking the network path.